INTERFACE™ is a series of educational conferences focused on information security, IT infrastructure (BC/DR, data storage & recovery), and enterprise communications. Now recognized as one of the nation’s premier IT symposiums, INTERFACE has received 15+ years of enthusiastic support from both the regional IT communities it serves and a burgeoning number of leading solution providers.
Click here to register as an ISACA Member.
We are excited to announce our Annual General Membership Meeting (AGM)!
Please join us for our annual business meeting and enjoy a Panel Discussion to earn CPE credits.
Date: May 21st, 2:00-4:00
Location: Virtual Zoom Event (Zoom information and a Calendar Event will be sent in the RSVP Confirmation Email.).
Please Note: Zoom information and a Calendar Event will be sent in the RSVP Confirmation Email.
Cost: ISACA Boise Members (Free), Non-Members $15
- 2:00 – 2:45 – Business Meeting: Welcome, Announcements, Chapter Updates, Member Recognition, Board Position Intros (and Subcommittee/Volunteer Signup), Elections
- 2:45 – 3:00 – Break
- 3:00 – 4:00 – CPE Panel Discussion: Cloud Security
- Ken Dunham (Principal Security Consultant at World Wide Technology) and Andrew Richter (Customer Success Specialist, Cisco Systems Inc.) will discuss key topics for Cloud Security
- 5:00 – 7:00 – Optional Drinks and Hors d’oeuvres at The Ram Meridian.
- More information will be provided during the AGM Meeting.
Ken Dunham has three decades of startup and F1000 transformative practice management and executive leadership specializing in incident response, emergent threats, counter-intelligence, and innovation. He is recognized as an ISSA International Fellow, reserved for 1% of security professionals globally, was the global top quoted security expert in 2006, and has authored multiple books and thousands of blogs and intelligence briefings. While with British Air/Reflectone Training Systems he also innovated and implemented transformative training programs for pilots and navigators of the U2, Warthog, and the very unique Predator system (Indian Springs). He also has a deep knowledge of the DarkWeb and global investigations and incident management with a wealth of investigative and cyber threat intelligence experience working with US DoD, FBI, USSS, and various legal and government agencies worldwide on the largest threats and crisis of this century through the Target breach in 2015.
Andrew Richter is an Enterprise Networking and Data Security professional with over 20 years experience designing and implementing solutions for customers in the US and globally. Andrew’s work crosses multiple verticals including financial, healthcare, high-tech and retail; enabling customers to transform their business through technology enablement, including the move to Cloud. Andrew holds multiple industry certifications including the Cisco CCIE and ISACA CISA, CISM, CRISC, and CDPSE.
Topic: Intro to Factor Analysis of Information Risk (FAIRTM)
Join us for this presentation by Cary Wise, Head of Partner Professional Services for RiskLens,
Time and Location: April 21st, via Zoom Meeting 12:00-1:00pm
Summary: Factor Analysis of Information Risk (FAIRTM) is the only international standard quantitative model for information security and operational risk.
- FAIR provides a model for understanding, analyzing and quantifying cyber risk and operational risk in financial terms.
- It is unlike risk assessment frameworks that focus their output on qualitative color charts or numerical weighted scales.
- It builds a foundation for developing a robust approach to information risk management.
Cary is the Head of Partner Professional Services for RiskLens, where he has been a leader in risk quantification for the past 3 years. Prior to joining RiskLens, he managed security programs at a Fortune 1,000 manufacturing organization as well as a power utility company. His IT security and risk experience is rooted in the government sector, where he served 12 years in the United States Navy.
Regarding risk quantification, Cary has built and improved programs for multiple Fortune organizations on a global scale and has been a speaker at security conferences on the topic. He is also a FAIR instructor, where he provides education to risk practitioners and executives around the world.
Cary has a BS degree in Organizational Leadership, is a Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), and sits as the Co-Chairman of the FAIR Institute’s Federal Government Chapter.
The ISACA Boise Chapter is proud to offer a $1,000 scholarship for the 2021-2022 academic school year. This scholarship is to promote students studying in the related fields of Computer Science, Information Systems, Cybersecurity and Accounting attending an Idaho University / College or are an Idaho resident attending a University / College. The application deadline is May 7, 2021.
As a nonprofit, global membership association for IT and information systems professionals, ISACA is committed to providing its diverse constituency of more than 140,000 professionals worldwide with the tools they need to achieve individual and organizational success. Through more than 200 chapters established in more than 80 countries, ISACA provides its members with education, resource sharing, advocacy, professional networking, and a host of other benefits on a local level. The ISACA Boise Chapter has a membership of around 120 professionals residing in the Boise Metropolitan Area. The global community of ISACA members and certification holders come from various career tenure and cover a variety of professional IT-related positions in nearly all industry categories—some of which include IS auditor, consultant, educator, IS security professional, risk professional, chief information officer and internal auditor. Members rely on ISACA for resources that enhance their skills, expand their professional knowledge and connect them with a vibrant community of peers.
- Must be a full-time college student
- Must be studying in the related areas of:
- Computer Science, Information Systems, Cybersecurity, or Accounting
- Must currently reside in Idaho or physically attend an accredited Idaho college or university (at either an Idaho college or university or an Idaho resident attending an accredited college or university in the United States)
- Quality and completeness of the application and all required attachments
- Sincere desire for further education or training in the field of: Computer Science, Information Systems, Cybersecurity, or Accounting
- Individual achievement as evidenced through participation in outside interests and activities, leadership roles and/or work experience
- Grade point average or academic standing will be considered, but will not be the primary determinant
- Individual financial need may be considered as part of the selection criteria
Scholarship Application Procedures:
- Complete the Application Form and submit all required attachments.
- ISACA Boise may request Enrollment Verification prior to awarding the scholarship.
- The application must be received by May 7, 2021
- Incomplete applications and applications after the deadline will not be accepted
For questions or assistance, please contact ISACA Boise Academic
Topic: Auditing and Access Reviews in the Cloud Age, Then and Now
Join us for this presentation by Garret F. Grajek, CEO, YouAttest
Time and Location: March 17th, via Zoom Meeting 12:00-1:00pm
Click here to RSVP. Please Note: Zoom information and a Calendar Event will be sent in the RSVP Confirmation Email.
Garret Grajek, CEH, CISSP, is a credential security professional who has 25+ years of IT Security product creation. He has 15 U.S. patents for information security products (focus: Application SSO, 2FA, Identity Assurance, Continuous Authentication, AI and Blockchain).
Garret has specialized in creating and promoting IT security products for markets in the Financial, Health Care, Federal, State, Education and other regulated arenas – having worked in product creation/deployment at companies like IBM, RSA, Cisco and starting his own 2-Factor Authentication firm: SecureAuth.
Products Garret has created resulted in multiple awards, Gartner ranking, and sold to over 500 customers resulting in $80M+ in revenue and sold for over $200M.