Topic: Auditor’s Guide to AD Security.
Join us for this presentation by Adam Steed, Associate Director, Protiviti
Time and Location: February 21st, at Boise Plaza, 1111 West Jefferson @ 11:30 AM to 1:00 PM.
Presentation Summary: Over the last 18 months one of the most consistent findings for Internal Penetration tests involve Credential Theft and Pass the Hash (PtH) attacks in Active Directory. Organizations need to create comprehensive audit programs that can assess these types of threats and assess other top Active Directory security risks.
In this session, we will cover:
- Fundamentals of Credential Theft and Pass the Hash
- Demonstrate common Credential Theft and Pass the Hash attack tools
- Explain the controls an organization must put in place to protect against these types of attacks
- Discuss the other top 5 security issues common in Active Directory environments
- Define the elements needed in an Active Directory security audit work program
Speaker: Adam is an Associate Director in Protiviti’s Salt Lake City office. He brings over 20 years of experience in Healthcare, Banking and Internet E-Commerce. Adam has demonstrated experience in helping organizations move Identity Management beyond compliance to optimized processes and security by finding a balance between business process optimization, usability and security. His former employers include W.J. Bradley Mortgage (Top 20 Mortgage Company), Zions Bank (15,000 Employees) and Ancestry.com (6,000 Servers). Adam is also a sought after speaker on at conferences such as Defcon, ISACA events, BSides, and Oktane.