Title: Practical Application of COBIT by Leveraging Multiple Frameworks
Date/Time: Thursday, May 11th, 9:00am – 5:00pm
Location: Boise Plaza, 1111 West Jefferson, Boise ID
CPEs: 8 CPE hours
Pricing: (ISACA PayPal Invoice will be sent after RSVP received)
- $200 ISACA Member Early Bird Price
- $250 non-ISACA Member Early Bird Price
- $250 ISACA Member Normal Price (after April 14th)
- $300 non-ISACA Member Normal Price (after April 14th)
Learning Objectives: After completing this session, the participant will be able to:
- Recognize the various framework altitudes in the GEIT ecosystem and how they can be collectively used to align with enterprise needs using COBIT as the core.
- Understand a model to synchronize various frameworks and standards such as COBIT, ITIL, TOGAF, PRINCE2, PMBOK, NIST, ISO38500, ISO27000, ISO20000, ISO31000, and many more.
- Gain practical advice on how to implement, modify, manage and control processes using the COBIT implementation model.
General Description: In the IT Governance environment there are multiple frameworks, models and standards to choose from. A challenge for most organizations is simply understanding what all of these are, and which ones are applicable or appropriate for them. Some common questions include: If we’re using ITIL, should we consider COBIT? How do ISO standards fit into my model? Should I be using Project Management models if I already use COBIT? In this insightful presentation on frameworks and standards integration, explore the many models that are available today: what they are, how they fit, and why choose them. Most importantly, we will learn how integrate several frameworks to create a more holistic approach to leveraging multiple best practices under a single model.
As a nationally known governance expert in the areas of Information Controls, Risk, Cybersecurity, and Service Management, Mark’s background spans leadership roles from CIO to Management and IT Consulting. With over 25 years of professional experience Mark has led large teams in outsourced IT arrangements, conducted Portfolio, Service Management and information governance activities for major project teams, managed enterprise applications implementations, and implemented governance processes across multiple industries. Additionally, Mark holds the CRISC, CGEIT, COBIT, PRINCE2 and ITIL Expert certifications. Mark has presented at multiple global ISACA events and was awarded the ISACA John Kuyers award for Best Speaker/Conference contributor in 2016
Click here for Agenda.